Friday, October 2, 2009

Employee of the week.

My children are driving me nutso today. They are clingy and whiny and getting a shower in seems like an impossible task when I cannot leave the room for a minute without wailing and gnashing of teeth. The laundry baskets are ripe and overflowing, the floors are sticky, beds un-made and cupboards bare. All of this because I am tired and the left-upper quadrant of my body is chronically in pain.

If this is a little snapshot of life now, what on earth is going to happen next week when I start back at work after two years? I know it's only part-time, but right now I'm wondering if I was insane when I decided working was a great idea.

All of this because I couldn't give up my free staff account and visa and some measly dental benefits. Why am I so attached to a job I basically hate?

I think I have some issues with letting go.

I was a working mom before, but I'm too old for that and not single enough. I know it will be fine and probably even better than fine. Somehow a little organization and a busy schedule often work their magic in getting the rest of my life sorted out... it's kinda counter-intuitive I know, but that's just the way it works.

My children will be fine too... a little surprised perhaps at the sudden disappearance of their weary mother, but fine nonetheless.

And realizing now that the weekend is going to actually mean something now that I'll be working Saturdays, I'm going to sign off and attempt to make the most of the chaos that is my life.

Happy Weekend!!

3 comments:

reagan. andrea. said...

It's going to be just what you need - a breath of fresh air! ;)
Happy weekend to you too!

letisha said...

you have such a talent with writing.

best of luck going back to work...

Cody, Amanda, Kade and Kianna said...

Good luck with the job. It might be a nice little break!! :)
Have a great weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails