Friday, December 11, 2009

Cans for comments.



Just wanted to give anyone who reads my blog a heads up that next week I will be participating in the Cans for Comments drive.

What this means is that for every single comment left on any post on this blog from December 14-18th inclusive I will donate 1 non-perishable food item to the Calgary Interfaith Food bank.

What this also means is that you can do your part by leaving a comment on posts, old and new. For all of you regular commenters, I'll appreciate your faithful comments more than ever next week. For any of you lurkers, those of you who read and never comment, (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) I will be looking forward to you coming out of the woodwork, all for a good cause.

I feel very fortunate that I have never had to rely on the food bank to feed my family. I can't imagine a worse feeling than to wonder how you are going to feed your kids. This is not to say that I have never struggled in my life time. I was a single mom remember, for years and years. I however, have been blessed with amazing family support. Of course many other families are not so lucky. What peace of mind it must give struggling parents to know their kids won't go hungry today because of charitable programs like this. But let's not forget that these programs only work if the rest of us chip in and make sure that their shelves are stocked and that they actually have something to give out.

So next week, I'm asking you to find your voice and help me with my little effort.

Looking forward to all you have to say!!!

Love,

thebROWNmama

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

creamed corn
love robin

mandypants said...

Great idea...kidney beans.
mamamandypants

bronwyn said...

you are so knowing. i do 'know who i am', shall 'out' myself for the good cause on your very next post. 'til then,

Shaun and Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaun and Bonnie said...

Sorry about my last comment, I spelt everything wrong!!

How about "chicken noodle soup" !!!

reagan. andrea. said...

Oh.. I guess I'll leave a comment. ;) Good job in supporting a good cause Sharmi!!

letisha said...

go girl go! Good for you...french style green beans are actually quite tasty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails