Friday, February 13, 2009

girl crush

Just in case you are living under a rock.... or in a shoe:

Salma Hayek breastfed a hungry baby in Africa whose mother had no milk.   I can't fathom why there is controversy about this at all, and could care less why she did it,  photo-op or not, even though I totally believe her when she says it was all about providing a starving child with some nourishment.  

The fact is, I love her for doing this. It's so nice to see a celebrity using their bodies for good and in a non-sexual manner. I love that she's a celeb not afraid to promote breast-feeding. (Which in fact is why we have breasts, no matter what the male population, and some body-obsessed females, would like to believe.)

Would I do it?  Absolutely.  

Perhaps it comes from my Indian background where wet-nurses are still not uncommon, but if it the situation presented itself to me in the same manner, I'd like to think I'd be willing to share what I could, even if it was from my own breast.  

It's really not that big of a deal.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails