Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We are amused.

We joined my cousins Rohini and Preya and a whole swack of kids (15 in total) for a day in the hot hot sun at Calaway Park.

This was Malachi’s first experience at an amusement park, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much there was that he could do.

I wasn’t prepared for how much he would love going on rides, and every time one came to an end, he had a bit of a tantrum when I tried to take him off. Pretty soon, he figured out that getting off of one train ride just meant he could get on a boat instead, and he was soon complying eagerly. He even went on a couple rides all by himself, which made me nervous as I was hoping he wouldn't try to jump ship halfway through, but he just sat perfectly still, looking pleased as punch and grinning as he passed me.

One thing that never really soaked in was the having to wait his turn in line, and who can blame him…. I know plenty of adults that still wrestle with that concept.






In the nasty disgusting ballpit

He didn't want to get off the train so he went a couple times in a row.

Malachi wouldn't even use the wheel, just sat still and smiled.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails