Saturday, September 19, 2009

Party Pooper


Kashton's 1st birthday is in ten sleeps and I have no idea what I am doing to mark the occasion.

Birthdays are a big deal to me. They are a big deal in my family. I grew up having several birthday parties every year. One for family, one for school friends, one for church friends, and yes I'm totally aware of how ridiculous that is. Except that we don't make a fuss out of the other holidays like Christmas and Easter, so birthdays take the cake in our family.

The problem is that we have a very tiny house. In our tiny house resides many people and animals already. The other problem is that every one we know has eleventy-hundred children. And we're not even LDS! I'm not sure what's up with this whole breeding bandwagon, but clearly it's a great ride because all our friends and relations are on it.

This makes having a party here kinda squishy and not that fun. Especially with me, who spends these types of occasions hyperventilating in the kitchen because I'm stressed out by 50 people in the kitchen at the same time, crying children and barking dogs.

We do have a yard here, but it's not that pretty, and well, we have dogs. Enough said right? This also leads me to the third problem which is I don't know what the weather will be like. Not that the weather is ever really dependable here, but planning an outdoor party at the end of September (despite the amazing August-like temps. we've been having) is really asking for trouble.

So what I'm trying to get to here is that the birthday is approaching and the planning is in full stall.

Anyone have any wonderful suggestions for me? I'm really hoping for a lightening bolt of inspiration before Kashton ends up with the classic non-party that usually befalls the second (or third) child.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails