Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sunshine and crackers

The saltines have officially taken up residence on my nightside table. The trick is to get one in your mouth even before your eyes are open in hopes of staving off morning sickness. So far, so good. In fact, I think only garlic necklaces worn to ward off vampires are more effective. Unfortunately, the smugness derived from thwarting nausea soon wears off in the most unpleasant of daily rituals... the shower. Normally I love the clean refreshing tingle of my morning shower, but something about the heat or humidity or I don't know what really, makes me want to lose my just-consumed crackers. I have managed to keep them down, however, so all is not lost.

Today is a beautiful day, that makes me feel less like a disabled pregnant woman and more like a normal human that was even able to take her dogs for a walk in the fresh spring-like air this morning and actually felt cheerful driving to work! Only 2 more months till spring.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails