Monday, January 22, 2007

Week 6

I am nothing short of exhausted. The weekend consisted of three hour naps and the couch and I are becoming fairly intimate. The nausea is tolerable however, although I am pessimistically anticipating a change for the worse in that department.

Another symptom of pregnancy, strangely never documented, is the complete paranoia that sets in the minute you know you're expecting. Why do I feel fine today? Shouldn't I have more symptoms? What if I miscarry? What if I have miscarried already? What if there is something wrong with the baby? What if my bathwater was too hot? Did I get enough folic acid today? Maybe I should have had a salad instead of fries. And on and on it goes. As physically exhausted as your body is in it's grand endeavour of creating a life, the mental exhaustion of living in a heightened state of anxiety is just as taxing.

This week the baby has formed eyes, a heartbeat, it's own circulatory system and the start of arm and leg buds. Only 34 weeks to go!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails